Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company, is a company selling wired and wireless networking equipment and software, headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. Ruckus offers Wi-Fi, switching, cloud and software products to mobile carriers, broadband service providers, and corporate enterprises
- Ruckus Wireless founded June 2004
- Delivered first product in September 2005 and hit one million shipments by January 2007
- Quickly became known as a wireless technology innovator and grew across enterprise, service provider and carrier markets
- Delivered the industry's first adaptive antenna technology to overcome RF interference on Wi-Fi networks – followed by industry-first 802.11n and 802.11ac products, certificate-based security and location-based software
- Went public on November 2012; became a part of Brocade in 2016
- Acquired by ARRIS on December 1, 2017; re-named to Ruckus Networks
- Launched IoT network controller in February 2018
- Announced partnership to power Google Station Wi-Fi Hotspots in three emerging countries in support of Google’s Next Billion Users initiative in June 2018
- Introduced industry’s first controller-based system for wired and wireless management, the SmartZone Network controller, in June 2018
- Announced support for Facebook’s Express Wi-Fi Initiative in August 2018, deploying Hotspots in Africa, India and Indonesia
- Achieved first FCC-certified CBRS Certification for Ruckus’ entire portfolio of 3.5 GHz access points in September 2018
- Launched industry’s first Wi-Fi 6 802.11 AX (R730) access point in July 2018; first to ship in September 2018
We offer a complete line of high-performance network access infrastructure. Our product portfolio includes Wi-Fi controllers, indoor and outdoor access points, wired Ethernet switches, an IoT suite and private LTE (CBRS). We also offer network security, detailed analytics, open APIs and management software, along with professional services and support.
Ruckus’ commitment to innovation is one of the bedrock values of our company. We are continuously innovating across both wireless and wired technologies to meet the evolving needs of the enterprise and service providers by enabling network convergence at the edge. With our FCC-certified CBRS portfolio, we are pioneering an ecosystem that will enable organizations to deploy private in-building LTE networks as easily as Wi-Fi. Our deep history of technical innovation means superior and ubiquitous connectivity for our customers.
Ruckus’ extensive partner ecosystem ensures our products are readily available, whether for a small, local project or one of the world's largest. Our unwavering focus on our customers means everything from flexibility and options to ease-of-install and management to award-winning customer support.
This is what the Ruckus is all about. High-performance, secure and reliable access to applications and services – no matter how demanding the environment. When connectivity really matters, organizations turn to Ruckus.